A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Pennsylvania State Legislature Holds Public Hearing on 2020 election Thu Nov 26, 2020 01:09 | The Saker
Trump?s last hurrah?! Wed Nov 25, 2020 22:45 | The Saker
[this analysis was written for the Unz Review] There seems to be a quasi consensus that Trump will not prevail and that Biden and Harris will get into the White
Why Did RT Hire Liberals That Are Bringing Harm to Russia? (Ruslan Ostashko) Wed Nov 25, 2020 17:55 | Leo V.
Translated and captioned by Leo. Guess who started the cycle of documentaries about the ?main people of the country? on the state channel RT Russia? From the editor-in-chief of the
China Newsbrief and Sitrep Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:54 | amarynth
By Godfree Roberts ? selected from his extensive weekly newsletter : Here Comes China This is why we study China. There is no point in believing we can make sense
Moveable Feast Cafe 2020/11/25 ? Open Thread Wed Nov 25, 2020 05:30 | Herb Swanson
2020/11/25 05:30:02Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of
The Saker >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
David Quinn’s selective tolerance
A Woulfe in judges clothing Anthony
Sarah McInerney and political impartiality Anthony
Did RTE journalists collude against Sinn Fein? Anthony
Irish Examiner bias Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
The Party and the Ballot Box Sun Jul 14, 2019 22:24 | Gavin Mendel-Gleason
On The Decline and Fall of The American Empire and Socialism Sat Jan 26, 2019 01:52 | S. Duncan
What is Dogmatism and Why Does It Matter? Wed Mar 21, 2018 08:10 | Sylvia Smith
The Case of Comrade Dallas Mon Mar 19, 2018 19:44 | Sylvia Smith
Review: Do Religions Evolve? Mon Aug 14, 2017 19:54 | Dara McHugh
Spirit of Contradiction >>
Make Palestine an EU & Local Election Issue!
politics / elections |
Saturday May 18, 2019 00:31 by IPSC - Ireland Palestine Solidarity Campaign
It’s that time of year again, when politicians come knocking on doors looking for your vote. This May there will be European and Local elections in Ireland north and south. While domestic issues are, as always, likely to dominate the discussions, we believe it is vitally important that the issue of Palestine is kept firmly in the minds and mouths of all our politicians. The very essence of the Palestine solidarity movement is to ‘think globally, act locally’ – and we have seen impressive local support for Palestinian freedom by many local councils over the past decade. We need to make sure that Palestine is and remains an election issue!
Please find below some quick questions for candidates – both EU and Local – and an easy-to-print version that you can keep handy for when they come calling. We also encourage you to email your candidates these questions.
Here is a handy email list ( https://www.ipsc.ie/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/eucandidateemails.txt ) of EU candidates we could find addresses for.
In addition, we have asked these same questions of all European Election Candidates and have published their answers on our website here: https://www.ipsc.ie/bds/eu-elections-2019-where-do-the-candidates-stand-on-palestine We think it’s hugely important that voters know where EU candidates in particular stand on the issue of the EU’s ongoing collaboration with Israeli apartheid and oppression of the Palestinian people.
European Elections 2019
Four Questions on Palestine-Israel for Candidates
1) Will you support the call to prohibit the import and sale of goods, services and natural resources originating in illegal Israeli settlements in Palestine?
2) Will you protect the right of European citizens to free speech, including the right to engage in the non-violent Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaign and act against any attempts to criminalise Palestine solidarity?
3) Will you oppose any upgrade of European agreements with Israel and call for suspension of EU-Israel Association (EuroMed) Agreement until Israel abides by its human rights clause?
4) Will you support the exclusion of Israeli arms manufacturing and other military companies from EU Research Programs and EU contracts?
Local Elections 2019
Three Questions on Palestine-Israel for Candidates
1) Will you support the call to prohibit the import and sale of goods, services and natural resources originating in illegal Israeli settlements in Palestine? Will you lobby within your party to support the Control of Economic Activities (Occupied Territories) Bill currently before Dáil Eireann which seeks to do exactly this?
2) Will you protect the right of Irish citizens and residents to free speech on Palestine, including the right to engage in the non-violent Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaign and act against any attempts, local or national, to criminalise Palestine solidarity?
3) Will you support the creation of Israeli Apartheid Free Zones – spaces that endorse the principles and tactics of the non-violent Palestinian Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaign – in local communities and in City/County Councils?