Release of Oscailt 4.0 software used by Indymedia Ireland Tue Apr 06, 2021 00:56
Release of Oscailt 3.9 software used by Indymedia Ireland Tue Dec 01, 2020 23:10
Indymedia Returns After Two Week Website Outage Tue Oct 13, 2015 16:01
Update on the Indymedia Mailing List and Newswire Archives Mon Apr 20, 2015 22:41
Bristol indymedia site under state attack again as ISP served court or... Tue Sep 02, 2014 02:11
Indymedia Statement Concerning the Former Editor Pat C Sat Nov 16, 2013 23:57
Update of Indymedia Software Mon Sep 30, 2013 01:45
New software features for Indymedia Tue Jul 26, 2011 23:01
Trolling on Indymedia Ireland Tue Jun 08, 2010 22:43
Indymedia Upgraded to Allow Multiple Embedded Videos and Audio Fri Aug 01, 2008 02:00
This page is about Ireland's resource giveaway which our corrupt politicians have been deeply complicit in. It actually goes back quite far and it is not just in the obvious areas of Oil & Gas although these are very important too.
Here is just a list of some of the key resources and it the pages that are linked you can find out more details of the disgraceful way in which these resources were handed over. But first it is worth remembering what our constitution says about these:
Democratic Programme of Dáil Éireann 1919
Issued at the first meeting of the first (All-Ireland) Dáil Éireann January 21, 1919.
We declare in the words of the Irish Republican Proclamation the right of the people of Ireland to the ownership of Ireland, and to the unfettered control of Irish destinies to be indefeasible, and in the language of our first President. PĂˇdraĂg Mac Phiarais, we declare that the Nation's sovereignty extends not only to all men and women of the Nation, but to all its material possessions, the Nation's soil and all its resources, all the wealth and all the wealth-producing processes within the Nation, and with him we reaffirm that all right to private property must be subordinated to the public right and welfare.
We declare that we desire our country to be ruled in accordance with the principles of Liberty, Equality, and Justice for all, which alone can secure permanence of Government in the willing adhesion of the people. ....
- Fisheries -value lost since 1972 is approx €200 billion
- Oil & Gas -valued at approx €600+ billion and these are estimates of Oil & Gas companies
Water Supply -value unknown. Currently being handed over to Bord Gais who will then be sold off.
- Irish Forests -valued between approx €370 & €700 million. Harvesting rights be sold off. Land leased for 90 years and public access will be removed. Bertie Ahern is central to facilitating this.
- Renewable Energy Resources
- Wind Power: Large area of midlands will have 3,500 turbines. Power will be partially subsidized by UK and power will be transmitted to UK.
- Irish Workers -value in billions. Pimped by Irish Government since 1960s to multi-national corporations. Workers taxed heavily, but corporations almost none especially after "transfer pricing"
- Tourism & Our unpolluted countryside & Freshwater -to be damaged permanently by toxic by-products and direct damage by Fracking in Leitrim, Roscommon, Sligo, Mayo, Clare, Limerick, Kerry